Our Core Beliefs Regarding User Privacy And Data Protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
Relevant LegislationAlong with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
What Personal Information Do We Collect?If you make a reservation through our website, through our reservations center, or check in as a guest at one of our properties, we ask for your title, name, address, email address, phone number, credit card number and expiration date, and the name(s) of other registered guests in your party. This allows us to secure your reservation and notify you of the status of the reservation.
How We Use the Information You ProvideWe will use your Personal Information to provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest to do so. Personal Information you provide at our request is used to:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- Contact you to confirm a reservation or to contact you in the event there are questions about any information you submit to us
- To facilitate and fulfill reservations and process payment
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To follow up after correspondence with us (live chat, email, or phone inquiries)
- Send administrative information, confirmations and/or pre-arrival messages, marketing communications and promotional offers, as well as periodic customer satisfaction, or quality assurance surveys, and other related product or customer service information.
Information we automatically collect and how we use that information
Site visitation trackingLike most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website. Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer's IP address, which could be used to personally identify you, but Google does not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third-party data processor (see section below ).
BlogShould you choose to add a comment to any posts that we have published on blog sites, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website's database, along with your computer's IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any of the third-party data processors detailed below. Only your name and email address that you supplied will be shown on the public-facing website.
Contact forms and email linksShould you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section below. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
Email newsletterIf you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to Constant Contact who provides us with email marketing services. We consider Constant Contact to be a third-party data processor (see section below ). The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website's own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
How do we protect your information?We implement a variety of security measures to help maintain the safety of your personal information when you reserve a booking or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We use generally accepted standards governing administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your personal information. For example, credit card information provided through our online reservations forms is encrypted and measures have been taken to secure our server from any unauthorized access. Despite these measures, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using our services)
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
Third-party disclosureWe do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
Third Party Data ProcessorsWe use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section above.
Third-party linksOccasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Use of Services by MinorsWhen it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13.
Data BreachesWe will report any unlawful data breach of this website's database or the database(s) of any of our third-party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
[email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Hawaiian Hotels & Resorts
2830 Borchard Rd
Newbury park, CA 91320